Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Popping, Soldotna, Poker, Fast Eddy Fish Guts 7-27-10

Today was quite fun, after popping anyway. After working, I took a nice shower and headed for Soldotna. I didn't realize how tired I was until I found myself almost nodding off on the way there, but I made it.

We played poker at Ray's friend Jason's house in Soldotna. It was very nice to see Mike again, a familiar face after so many strangers! He's here this week from Leadville. Anyway, with countless pointers and tips from both he and Ray, I ended up staying in the tournament longer than either of them. Sorry, I HAD to throw that in since I NEVER beat them in poker. :-) Anyway, it was a fun evening.

Unfortunately, during the time we were playing, Eddy was outside playing with Raisin and ended up rolling around in fish guts. This is why he earned the mafia name of Fast Eddy Fish Guts a couple years ago when we were hiking in Leadville. I guess it had to happen in Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment