Saturday, July 3, 2010

Long day, Tired Hearts, etc... 7-2-10

Today was basically just a long blur of selling kettle corn. Ray went back to Soldotna to sell some corn and get ready for the weekend in Seward. I spent an extra two hours at my stand for a couple reasons - to see how much corn I'd sell after I'd usually pack up and go, and to keep myself entertained instead of coming back to hang out with "Grey's Anatomy" again. It was actually the most kettle corn I've sold yet, but not really due to the last two hours.

While I was not busy, I spent some time reading more of "The Book Thief." It's really an awesome book. Anyway, the girl in it, Liesl, mentions that she is reading a book that talks about tired hearts, and how her heart feels tired too. I'm thinking anyone could probably relate to having times when his/her heart feels tired. Sometimes I think mine is exhausted to the point of just being in constant survival mode. Maybe that's why I feel the constant need to "shock" it with different surroundings like I always do, hoping it finds the energy for another round if it's in a different place. Am I being too metaphoric or open for a blog?

When I finally got home I watched two episodes of "Grey's Anatomy," now I'm writing this blog, and I'm probably headed to bed soon. I'm still debating between doing laundry and finding someplace to go out tomorrow after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment