Friday, July 16, 2010

Anchorage and Poker 7-12-10




Today I got up early and drove to Soldotna to meet Ray and head to Anchorage. He was nice enough to drive so I could check out the scenery and take pictures, and fortunately, it was another gorgeous day!

The drive to Anchorage is apparently the fifth most beautiful scenic drive in the world, or something like that anyway. I believe it! We drove along a beautiful, aqua-marine river - I think the Kenai River, and then we drove between the bay and the mountains. It was simply gorgeous.

On the way there, I called to re-order my camera battery charger, because apparently they were out of the one I had previously ordered. They found a more expensive one, but it plugs into the wall and the car, which is pretty nice. After we had lunch, I went to the car and was looking for something under the seat, and found my original charger. I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, they'd already shipped my new one, so now I guess I'll be double-covered. Typical me!

Anyway, after we went to Sam's and picked up more product and stuff, we also hit Best Buy, where Ray finally bought a decent digital camera. When we got back to Soldotna, we went straight to Ray's friend Jason's house to play some Poker, at which I lost sorely, but it was fun anyway.

After that, we came back to Ray's parents' house. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment