Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day of rest, a pretty drive 6-30-10


We didn't end up going to Seldovia today since Ray is sick. We vegged in front of the tv and watched several movies instead. I spent some time on the porch working on my current book of choice, "The Book Thief." It's really good, by the way, but rather sad. We drove a way down the coast on a road called East End. It led to a gorgeous view. I forgot my camera, of course, but I took one on Ray's phone so eventually I'll load and post it.

Speaking of cameras, I seem to have lost my battery charger, so if my camera dies, I might be at a loss for a while, which might nearly kill me. I'm going to do a detailed search (again) tomorrow, and if I don't find it I guess I'll have to try Wal-Mart (an hour away), and if that doesn't work, I guess it'll have to be ordered online. Grr....

On the way back, we picked up a pizza and a couple more movies. It's been a nice, restful day. Tomorrow I'll be back on the newly fixed kettle, hopefully making some money. We re-scheduled Seldovia for next week, which fortunately means we can camp there for two nights instead of just one, so that will be fun anyway. :-)

Oh, and I visited the post office yesterday and decided that those wretched places would be so much more friendly and nice if they would just play some music. It always feels like you have to be quiet in there, as if you were at a funeral, church, or the library. Is there any reason a post office can't be a little more pleasant? Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment