Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bear, a hole, dinner, movie 6-29-10

Today I woke up to the sound of my dog barking and a lot of banging outside. Of course the first thought that came to mind was that a bear was outside. I'm still not sure what it was, but it apparently broke several boards at the bottom of the cabin to get underneath it. It's still a mystery. It was rather frightening though. I suppose I should eventually invest in some bear spray.

After waiting to make sure there was no more noise, Eddy and I made tons of noise going to the outhouse, got ready, and headed for the kettle corn stand. It looked to be a pretty decent day - overcast, but no rain! After everything was set up and I started popping the first batch, I noticed a small hole in the botto of the kettle. I finished the batch, called Ray, and stopped popping. Ray ended up having to drive to Homer to take the kettle to a welder to be fixed. Apparently the hole was pretty bad, but could be repaired.

We went to dinner, rented a movie, and started packing to go to Seldovia tomorrow. We packed our big backpacks, since we decided to camp there for the night. It should be quite fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment