Thursday, June 17, 2010

Denver to some random place in Montana, 6-13-10







I decided to start a blog for this trip because I have a feeling it could end up being quite the adventure. I don't really care if anyone ever reads this. It's more for me to remember the whole thing and not lose any details.






Today I got on a plane in Ohio at 6 in the morning, flew to Denver, got picked up by the awesome Jane Heins (who also brought Eddy down from Leadville), got the car from Karl's house (who was wonderful and fixed my thermostat among other things while I was gone), and took off for Alaska. This probably wasn't the best way to do it, but I really didn't want to drive back to Leadville only to back track.

We drove all day, stopping at random places. The most memorable place we stopped was the Little Bighorn Battlefield. It was a really interesting place. Other than the obvious, there was a little baby bird crying on the sidewalk. I wanted to do something for it, but figured maybe the mom would come back... poor thing.

At sunset, I got to see some windmill sillhouettes. I don't know why I have a thing for windmills. We drove until dark, got too tired to continue, and slept in the back of the car at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere. Seriously... the middle of nowhere. At this point, I feel pretty nervous about the trip, but basically feel like it's something I have to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment