Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Here comes the sun... 6-28-10

I woke up to another overcast day and didn't have very high hopes for seeing the sun. I managed to drag myself out of bed and took off to set up the stand. The day started so slowly that I thought about quitting, especially when Ray called to invite me fishing with his family, but I stuck it out, and I was glad I did in the end.

The sun came out, and suddenly people wanted kettle corn. A few hours of business led to a decently profitable day. :-)

So I had some Ohio people (wearing Ohio State clothing) show up to the stand, so I walked over and did the traditional Ohio greeting. "O-H!" They stared back at me like I had three heads. Awkward. I silently whispered "I-O" under my breath and asked what they would like. I asked where they were from, thinking perhaps they were just foreign Ohio State fans, and they said Cleveland. Am I in an alternate universe? People do still say that in Ohio, right my Ohio friends??

Anyway, I also met a nice couple who greeted me by asking if Eddy was my dog. I said yes, and they went on and on about what an amazing dog he is, and how they couldn't believe he'd just stay in the car like that all day, and how they miss their dogs when they travel. Anyway, a few hours later when they were walking back, I was closing the stand and trying to get rid of the last bit of corn, so I gave them a little bag. The guy came back a few minutes later with a CD that he'd apparently written and recorded songs on. It's a childrens' CD of music. I haven't listened to it yet, but I thought that was pretty neat.

After work, Eddy and I took our walk on the beach, which is becoming an after-work habit that we both enjoy. Today it was particularly nice because we weren't walking in the rain. It was beautiful outside. There were sailboats, a blue sky, the ocean was a beautiful shade of turquoise, and the mountains behind it are still covered in snow. Does it really get better? (Other than skiing).

I have to confess I'm feeling a little homesick for Leadville, my house, familiarity, friends, etc..., but I am glad I'm here too. I have a lot to do before I go back to Leadville.

2 comments:

  1. I-O! Anyone from Ohio should have known that! Now I need to go find some kettle corn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so too! Yeah, get some kettle corn and ask for double sugar. :-)

    ReplyDelete