Thursday, June 24, 2010

Destruction Bay, YT to Fairbanks, AK 6-18-10




I got a late start again this morning, partially due to sleeping in and partially due to lack of motivation to load the car in pouring rain. We eventually took off and headed slightly west to find some food. The place I found sufficed, but took a really long time. After that, we headed west yet again.
The weather cleared as we drove, and we finally got to the border crossing. This one was much better, and the guy was really nice. He even welcomed me to Alaska!
I thought about staying in Tok, but really wanted to get farther, so we ended up coming all the way to Fairbanks, where we are staying at the Fox Creek Bed and Breakfast. I really should be at a campground, but the grizzly sighting really disenchanted me with sleeping in tents all alone.
The hosts of the B&B are a little eccentric and rather strange, but nice just the same. Their house is gorgeous. I know this because I got an extensive tour of the house, sauna, and rock gardens. Eddy and I were placed in sort of a basement apartment. It was very comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment