Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Solstice Festival, Fairbanks, 6-20-10



This morning came very early, as we'd been up quite late talking. We set up the kettle corn stand and got breakfast at a nearby coffee shop. It was quite good. After breakfast, we finished getting the booth ready. This was all new to me, so I wasn't really much help. It poured rain all morning and some of the afternoon too, which did not help matters.
My job was pretty mindless after a while, but it was really exhausting. I salted, mixed, and bagged the kettle corn. It pretty much involved bending over all day. The festival lasted 12 hours. It was fun, but by the end of the day I could hardly stand up straight, or any other way for that matter. My stupid index finger swelled up quite a bit too, but I'm not exactly sure why.
We did pretty well today, especially after the weather cleared. It was also really nice to be paid instead of just spending money on gas and food!
We are staying in the same place tonight. It's nice not to have been driving all day and to know where I'll end up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment