Sunday, June 27, 2010

Alone all day, crab on the beach 6-25-10

It was a pretty nice day. I met some interesting people buying kettle corn. When we finished, Eddy and I went for a walk on the beach and found a full dead crab. I guess it's pretty weird that the birds hadn't gotten to it. I called Ray to see if he wanted it (we like to collect things from the beach), and he did. I hadn't thought about the fact that I'd have to pick it up. If you don't know anything about me and sea creatures, you have to understand that I have a really weird phobia of them. It seems like they all either pinch, sting, bite, or eat you. I knew the crab was dead, but it looked awfully disgusting. After freaking out about how to do it, I finally got him shoved onto a rock on which to carry him. I put him on the floor at the passenger seat of the car so I could make sure I wouldn't have a "Tommy Boy" not-so-dead deer in the car moment, and actually got him safely home. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment