Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rain, Camp, Cards, Linwood, A dark and scary bike ride back 7-7-10




We slept in really late this morning. I guess we were tired! We decided that since it was raining we'd just hang out on our beach for a while. It was nice. We played cards, made up a "throw the rock in the pot as many times as you can" game, played some Poker for dog food and cereal "chips," and roasted brats on a little baby campfire. We did all this in our natural dry place that was protected from the rain by some overhanging rocks and trees. It was really nice to have that spot, as everywhere else was very wet.

After a while, we took the bikes and headed back into town. We had dinner at the Mad Fish again (there really weren't many options). This time I wanted to try some fresh seafood, so I had scallops with fettucini Alfredo. It was amazingly good. I never thought I'd like scallops, but they were sensational!

We ended up back at the Linwood, played a couple games of pool (Ray one the first game, and I won the second only because he scratched on the 8 Ball). We threw some darts, which I won 2/3 games, bought sweatshirts that say "Linwood Bar. Drink like a local," and in a very drunken state got on our bikes to ride back to camp in the dark. Ray fell off his bike twice at that point, and I almost did a couple times as well. It was hard to see, and we were a little inebriated, but we made it! I'm pretty sure we crawled into our tent around 3:00am. Ouch...

Oh, and I just thought the bathroom doors of the Linwood were funny enough to take a picture, as you can see above, and apparently this town has something for decorated fire hydrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment