Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cruise Ship Day, Rain Craziness, New Friend(s) 7-20-10

Well, today was much better in terms of business, which surprised me since it was cold and rainy most of the day. I actually had to close early because the wind picked up and it was blowing the rain into my kettle corn! I could hardly keep up with business before that though, which is always a good thing in the end. While working, a guy I'd met at a couple parties from my first week here showed up and re-introduced himself. His name was Dan, and we discussed things to do with visitors, since his cousins are coming to visit soon. He recommended a tour that sounded pretty fun. Apparently he'd just gotten back from Denali, where he had biked and camped for a while. He said they ran into a big grizzly on the trail, but after getting on his hind legs and looking them over, continued on his way. Heh, that's kind of scary anyway.

After getting shut down, I took a shower at the Washboard, and then met my new friend Pauline at Alice's for a burger and beer special for $10. This is a good deal around here, by the way! The burger was delicious.

On the way home, the sky was so beautiful over the water I had to take a picture, so eventually I'll get that uploaded on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment