Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kettle issues, new book 7-23-10

Well, needing to make some money, I headed down to the spit to get some kettle corn started and finish cleaning. Once I had the kettle all bright and shiney, I started popping. Unfortunately, it seemed to be taking an insane amount of time to get the corn to pop. I was making half batches and my arms were aching by the time it finally popped, so I gave up and called Ray. He came to look, and said there was something wrong with the flame. After working on it for quite a while, he said he had to take it to Soldotna with him to figure it out with someone there.

He left, I returned movies, and headed home. Not wanting to watch yet another movie, I started the library book I'd just loaned a couple days ago. It's called "The Outlanders." I really haven't gotten far yet, but it's pretty decent thus far. A lady who stopped by my stand recommended it a couple weeks ago when she saw me reading "The Book Thief," so I thought I'd give it a go.

Perhaps I'll head to Seward tomorrow to see what's going on there. It looks pretty, but we'll have to see what the weather does! I could almost place a bet on the weather, actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment