Friday, July 2, 2010

Rain, sugar, and Kenton 7-1-10

Today Ray picked up the fixed kettle and we put it back in the stand. He was still not feeling well, so he went home and I sold kettle corn. It was pretty rainy today, which always seems to hurt business, but it wasn't bad for a rainy day. I spent the extra time writing postcards, and realized when they were finally done that I'd forgotten to bring stamps with me. I guess they're going out tomorrow!

I had a customer today that said he'd been looking for "the kettle corn guy" all winter because he really wanted double-sugar kettle corn. He was very excited when I said I'd make it for him, and he ordered two extra large bags. These are HUGE bags, by the way. He said he'd be back next week for more.

A very strange moment happened when I was in the middle of writing the zip code on a post card going to the LaVergnes in Kenton. I was interrupted mid-zip code when a couple came up and wanted to buy some kettle corn. They happened to mention they were from Ohio. Of course after that we have to share where we are all from in Ohio. Randomly enough, they were from Kenton! I had to pick up the postcard I'd just written to show them how strange it was that I was mid-zip code on a postcard to Kenton. I don't know if anyone else finds that strange, but I'm still greatly amused by it.

After closing the stand, I came home and was very happy to find that Ray had rented "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief," since I'd wanted to see it, so we ate brats and watched the movie (which was really not very satisfying since they changed half of the book). I hate it when they change movies so much from the books.

We are now watching "Hot Tub Time Machine." It's actually pretty funny thus far. Tomorrow, more work!

No comments:

Post a Comment