Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Flaming kettle, preparing to catch halibut 7-28-10

Today I got up semi-early and headed to the stand to pop. I thought it would be rainy, but it turned out to be a very nice day. Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten far when the kettle decided to catch on fire on the inside, so I turned it off and gave up for the day. Ray said he'd take care of it when he arrived.

So, I went back to the cabin, cleaned a bit, and waited for Ray and Mike to show up. When they did, we went into town and had a beer at Alice's, and got ready to go fishing the next day. We hit Safeway and got some things to eat and made sure we had fishing licenses. My out of state fishing license was $20 a day, so I guess I'm glad it was only one day!

Now that we're back to the cabin, we're hitting the hay, considering we have to check in tomorrow at 5:30am to get on the boat. Ugh. I hope I don't turn into a blooper fisher when I get pulled into the water by a big fish! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment